Collecting your prize
Your winning ticket is a bearer ticket. It’s just like cash, so please keep it safe at all times.
Division 1, Set for Life 1st Prize and Scratch’n’Win Top Prizes
Division 1 prizes, Set for Life 1st Prizes and Scratch’n’Win Top Prizes must be claimed from Lotterywest during office hours. Our address is 74 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017. For Division 1 prizes and Set for Life 1st Prizes there is a validation period that ends 14 days after the draw.
All other prizes can be claimed from Lotterywest or from our payout centre at Doogues Newsagency, Murrary Street Mall, Perth. Prizes up to and including $500 can be collected from any Lotterywest store.
Lotterywest pays prizes up to $2,000 via EFTPOS. Alternatively, prizes can be paid via Direct Credit when you provide your BSB and account number. Lotterywest does not pay prizes via cash.
Doogues pay prizes over $500 via cheque. Please contact Doogues for information on their payout.
Set for Life tickets are valid for seven consecutive draws so if you want to claim a prize on a winning ticket before the entire seven draws have taken place your retailer will give you an exchange ticket for the remainder draws.
If you have registered your ticket on your Player’s Card we will send your prize to you automatically if you do not claim it within five weeks. For more information, see the Player’s Card section.
Lotterywest ticket checkers
You can have complete confidence in the accuracy of Lotterywest ticket checkers in giving you exactly the same information as that of the retailer's terminal.
To ensure you are scanning your tickets correctly, please note the tips below.
- Ensure the barcode on the ticket is clearly sitting under the scanner.
- Wait for the ‘beep’ before taking the ticket away.
- It may take a few seconds to process the ticket, so wait until you see a message appear on the ticket checker display.
- If you’re a winner, the ticket checker will also give you an option to view the prize amount won by pressing the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ button. Ensure you have completed this process before checking your next ticket or walking away.
- If you are checking a large number of tickets, carefully check each ticket one by one and try to keep the ones you have checked separate. This will help to avoid any confusion.
For further assistance using the ticket checker, ask in-store or contact the Lotterywest Customer Services team on 08 9340 5200.
Under the Lotteries Commission Act, 1990, prizes can only be claimed and paid for up to 12 months after the date of the draw, or in the case of Scratch’n’Win, up to 12 months after the last ticket of the game was issued by Lotterywest for sale.
Unclaimed prizes are returned to the WA community through Lotterywest grants.