Frequently Asked Questions
How much can I ask for?
We accept applications from $1,000 upwards. Please don't under or over estimate your request. Apply for the amount that will serve the need properly.
- There are limits for unincorporated groups and organisations not GST registered. The limit is a combined total of up to $15,000 for each financial year.
How long is the process?
If your application is complete when you submit it to us it will generally take four months to progress to the Lotterywest Board for consideration. If your request is more complex, or there are aspects of your application that are outstanding or need development, it can take longer. Please factor in these timeframes for funding your event or project. We will let you know as soon as possible if your application is not eligible for Lotterywest support, not ready to progress or hasn’t provided enough time for us to assess it before you need an outcome.
How likely am I to be successful?
Lotterywest approves around 1,000 grant applications every year. Our intent is to support your idea if we can.
How are applications assessed?
Your application will be assessed by a member of our team who then makes a recommendation to the Lotterywest Board. Our Board reviews all grant recommendations. A final recommendation is then presented to the Minister for Lotterywest for approval.
A typical grant process looks like this:
- Seek information via website
- Talk with us about your proposal
- Gather your requirements and necessary documentation
- Develop and submit your application
- Assessment, including referee checks and any follow up conversation with you
- Our internal review and recommendation to the Board
- Board meeting and review
- Recommendation to the Minister for Lotterywest
- Application decision and advice
- Grant payment and acquittal
- Sharing your good news
Which form do I fill out to apply for a grant?
For full functionality and visibility of our forms and application buttons, you will need to use the latest version of Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Grant application forms expire 6 months after being downloaded from our website. If your form has expired, please call us for advice on how to progress your application. Grant application forms cannot be downloaded from mobile devices.