Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download and install the Lotterywest App on my Android device?
You may have noticed that our Lotterywest App is not in the Play Store. However to ensure you're able to get up and running, we've put together this easy step-by-step guide to assist you in installing the app on your compatible Android device.
- Download the Lotterywest App on your Android
- Click on the downloaded file and a message stating 'Install blocked' will pop up. Select 'Settings' to continue
- Under 'Device administration' (which may be under 'Security'), tick the box for Unknown sources. This will allow you to install an app that is not in the Play Store
- Select 'Install' when prompted
How do I set up Lotterywest App notifications?
To get started, download or update to the latest version of the Lotterywest App, then follow the steps below:
- Open the app, and accept the permissions to allow your phone to receive notifications and then log in
- Swipe from the left on your mobile or tablet device to open the app menu, and then navigate down to Notifications. Here you have the flexibility to choose which notifications or game reminders you would like to receive
- If you’d like us to send you messages on your phone for upcoming special events and competitions, turn the toggle on for Notifications (this will turn green)
- You can also select to receive reminders for your favourite Lotterywest games by turning the toggle on for weekly reminders or higher value jackpots and events. It’s so easy! And the best part is - you can choose as many game reminders as you like
How can I be part of a syndicate?
Buy a share in-store
Visit a Lotterywest store to buy a share in a syndicate. Simply ask what shares are available for the game you want to play or how much you would like to spend. If you have a Lotterywest membership, make sure you register your ticket against it so your winnings are automatically paid out to it.
Create your own
You can create your own syndicate with friends and family. Start by downloading the Syndicate Planner and select the game and ticket options you want to play. Then you’re ready to visit your local Lotterywest store and fill in a playslip or ask for a Slikpik. Ask the retailer to print a valid share ticket for each syndicate member. This gives each person the peace of mind and convenience to claim their share of prizes on winning entries themselves.
How does a System entry work?
Here’s an example of how System entries work by using a System 8 Saturday Lotto entry:
- Select any eight numbers between 1 and 45, for example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Your System 8 entry will contain 28 games, each with six number combinations of your selected eight numbers.
- Your ticket will only display your eight chosen numbers, however your entry actually has 28 games.
- Winning System entries pay multiple prizes because each game contains a similar pattern of numbers. For example, if the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 are among the Saturday Lotto Winning Numbers, games 1 to 6 would each be eligible for a prize.
Joining a syndicate is a great way to play Systems! A syndicate is a group of lottery players who share the cost of a Lotto ticket to play more games and increase the chances of winning.
How do I buy a Combo Pack?
Combo Packs are available exclusively in-store and are an easy way to play most of your favourite games throughout the week. Choose the option suited to your budget and your retailer will print a ticket for each game included in your chosen Combo Pack and give you all the tickets. Make sure you have all the games before you leave the store!