Frequently Asked Questions
How do Scratch'n'Win games differ?
- $1 and $2 games are fun, easy and quick to play - great if you've only got a few spare moments to try your luck at cash prizes up to $20,000.
- $3 games take a little longer, like our ever-popular Word Play ticket. Simply scratch to reveal each letter, then match that letter wherever it appears in the Word Play panel(s) to make three or more complete words.
- $5 games offer a wide variety of game styles, all with the chance to win up to $100,000 cash. Our light gaming style tickets (such as Roulette, Poker and Blackjack) offer great returns and a bit of a challenge. Our "time out" $5 Word Play offers the same great mechanic as the popular $3 Word Play with even more play value. In addition to these, other multiple-panel games are on offer at various times throughout the year to offer a fun and easy play mechanic with great cash prizes to be won.
- $10 games offer fantastic value with great odds, high prize payouts and the biggest top prize offering of up to $300,000.
- $20 games are our premium tickets and are packed with play value. These games are simple to play, offer a large prize pool, have great odds of winning and multiple top prizes.
How do I know I've won a Scratch'n'Win prize?
For some Scratch'n'Win games you need to match three dollar amounts or symbols in each game panel. Other games have a lucky number mechanic where you require only one number match to win. There are also Word Play and Bingo as well as many other different games. Make sure you read the play instructions carefully to check the rules for each game.
If you’re not sure if your ticket is a winner, you can check it using the ticket checker at any Lotterywest store, or ask your local retailer to check the ticket for you. They’ll scan the ticket barcode on the terminal, which will instantly advise if your ticket is a winner. If the retailer doesn’t have a terminal they can ring Lotterywest to verify your win.
What Scratch’n’Win prizes have been won recently?
Scratchie winners win! Refer to the scratchie winners table for a full list of our lucky top prize winners.
Are scratchies secure?
All Scratch’n’Win tickets are computer generated and printed under strict security conditions. Each ticket in each game is unique. The printing process ensures that no ticket can be tampered with, altered or mistreated in any way to reveal the game underneath. The latex is also designed to disintegrate on scratching to retain the integrity of each ticket.
When do the Scratch’n’Win prizes expire?
Prizes may be claimed in all Scratch'n'Win games for up to 12 months from the date the last book of tickets was issued from Lotterywest for sale. Prizes may not be claimed after the expiry date. In accordance with the Lotteries Commission Act any unclaimed prize money is distributed to WA community organisations via Lotterywest’s Direct Grants Program.
To find out how much time you've got left to claim your prize, refer to the prize expiry table to see if an expiry date has been set.