We want people to know our Grants are only possible because people play our Games – so we need to spread the word! Lotterywest supported events, grant announcements, official openings, conferences or gatherings are great situations to do this. We’re often asked what points people with an official speaking capacity at these occasions should make, so here’s some ideas get you started.
- Lotterywest is unique. It is the only lottery in Australia where money raised from the sale of Lotterywest Games is distributed directly to the WA community through our grants.
- Approximately one third of all money provided from the sale of Lotterywest Games is distributed through Lotterywest Grants. Nearly 1000 different community organisations benefit every year as well as the arts, sports and health sectors.
- When you play Lotterywest Games the money stays in Western Australia – via grants (including direct grants and statutory allocations), prizes and employment opportunities for locals. Every West Australian is a winner.
- In the past financial year, Lotterywest provided $281 million in statutory allocations and direct grants to support the WA community and $600 million went back to our winners.
- Lotterywest Games are sold by over 500 small businesses who enjoy celebrating with players when they experience a win, as well as letting their customers know of the great community work Lotterywest Grants are able to support.
To personalise each individual event – reference could be made to the type of equipment or activity that was supported by Lotterywest OR reference can be made to the wide range in the size of grants provided from the hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars for major projects to the $1,000 given to a local toy library.