When can I apply?
You can apply for most grant types at any time. Some youth groups like Guides, Police and Citizen Youth Clubs, Local Drug Action Groups, Australian Army and Air Force Cadets and Scouts receive annual support towards the cost of minor capital works or equipment. Give us a call if you’re one of these groups and want to know about applying.
What will I need to provide?
For all requests, we will require a completed Lotterywest grant application form as well as:
- Two written quotes per item from different suppliers, for items over $3,000 or one written estimate, advertised price or quote per item for items under $3,000 (smaller miscellaneous items up to $1,000 can be grouped)
- Latest Annual Report or AGM minutes
- Names and contact details of two referees
- Any additional attachments outlined in the grant information or application form
For incorporated organisations, we also need copies of:
- Your Constitution
- Your most recent audited financial statements, for both your organisation and the service to which the grant relates. In some instances, we will accept unaudited financial statements prepared by your Treasurer
For unincorporated groups, we also need copies of:
- Minutes of your last two Board or committee meetings
- Any other documentation with evidence of your organisation’s role and function. This could be your Constitution, press clippings or letters of support and appreciation
- A recent bank statement confirming your organisation’s name
- Recent financial statements such as audited accounts or Treasurer’s report
How many times can I apply?
There are no limits on how often you can apply though we do encourage you to plan your application/s and combine your request to one application if that works for you.
How long is the process going to take?
If your application is complete when you submit it to us, it will generally take four months to progress to the Lotterywest Board and Minister for consideration.
However, if your request is more complex, or there are aspects of your application that need development, it can take longer. Make sure you factor in these timeframes for funding your event or project.
We will let you know as soon as possible if your application is ineligible for Lotterywest support, not ready to progress or hasn’t provided enough time for us to assess it before you need an outcome.
What is the approval process?
Your application will be assessed by a member of our team who will make a recommendation to the Lotterywest Board to review. A final recommendation is then presented to the Minister for Lotterywest for approval.
How are applications assessed?
Each application is assessed individually. Assessment considerations include:
- The eligibility of the organisation and the request in accordance with the Lotteries Commission Act
- The community benefit that will be achieved with the support of a grant
- Request considerations such as the demonstrated need, the rationale for the proposed approach, sound planning, realistic quotes and value for money, contributions from the applicant and other sources are included, whether the request relates to a tendered or contracted service
- The applicant’s mandate, governance and capacity to effectively manage the requested grant
- The financial viability of the organisation
- The applicant’s track record and acquittal history with Lotterywest
- Risk considerations and what may be required to help manage them. This may involve special payment or grant management conditions being applied
- Independent referee support for the organisation and grant request
Can Lotterywest help me prepare my grant application?
While we can’t prepare the application for you, we can talk with you about your idea and help you with information to develop your application. Give us a call to get started!