Share your story
We know that there are many Lotterywest supported organisations out there doing amazing things to make WA a better place for us all to live. We hear inspirational anecdotes about a range of Lotterywest supported projects that make us laugh, warm our hearts and feel inspired – we want to hear more!
Call us or give us a shout out on social media with your updates and photos so we can share your news. Tag @Lotterywest on Facebook and Twitter and use our popular hashtags #lotterywest, #lotterywestgrant and #youplayyougive.
With the media
See our sample media release or use the following handy tips to get your story out there:
- Telephone or email to say you’ll be sending the release would like to send a media release
- Include your organisation’s name and contact details
- Give brief lively and colourful information and include direct personal quotes
- Send a clear, enticing and informative photo (at least 300 dpi high quality resolution) and suggest interesting photo/filming options
Speaking points and TV advertisements
We want people to know our grants are only possible because people play our games. Lotterywest supported events, grant announcements, official openings, conferences or gatherings are great opportunities to help spread the word. We have produced some well-known and loved commercials to help people understand that by playing Lotterywest games you’re helping to support the WA community. We may be able to provide you with these commercials to play at conferences or presentations.
Alternatively, you could spread the word! Here are some speaking points to get you started:
- Lotterywest is unique. It is the only lottery in Australia where money raised from the sale of Lotterywest games is distributed directly to the WA community through our grants
- Nearly 1000 different community organisations benefit every year as well as the arts, sports and health sectors
- When you play Lotterywest games the money stays in Western Australia – via grants (including direct grants and statutory allocations), prizes and employment opportunities for locals. Every West Australian is a winner
- In the past financial year, Lotterywest provided $281 million to support the WA community and $541 million went back to WA winners
- Lotterywest games are sold by over 500 small businesses who enjoy celebrating with players when they experience a win, as well as letting their customers know of the great community work Lotterywest grants are able to support
We have produced some well-known and loved commercials to help people understand that by playing Lotterwest games you’re helping to support the WA community. Call us about providing you with these commercials to play at conferences or presentations.
Grant certificate presentations
Grant certificate presentations are a public announcement of your grant made by a Member of Parliament (MP). Sometimes these are simple events such as exchanging a handshake and photograph between your organisation and the MP at the MP’s office. Or it may be a celebration and launch of your project with everyone involved attending. If your organisation has been selected for a grant certificate presentation opportunity we’ll let you know and provide you with all the information you’ll need.
Order Lotterywest supported signs and stickers
By displaying ‘Lotterywest supported’ signs and stickers you’re letting people know that every time you play a Lotterywest game, you’re supporting great community activities and organisations – just like yours!
Check out our promotional material order form to order online at no cost. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Temporary signage for events, conferences, certificate presentations and official openings
- Permanent signage including plaques and window decals for buildings, vehicle decals and stickers for equipment
To make sure your order arrives on time – please get in early and allow five working days for metro orders and 10 working days for country orders. We’re happy to assist with urgent orders too, just give us a call. Temporary signage is delivered with instructions on how to return it directly to our sign management company.
Use the Lotterywest supported logo
Perfect for websites, publications and presentations, the Lotterywest supported logo is an important way of letting people know that money raised from the sale of Lotterywest games supports many fantastic not-for-profit organisations and projects – if yours is one of them, we’d love you to display the Lotterywest supported logo too! Check out the guide to download our logos.
Lotterywest is unlike any other Australian Lottery. We not only sell lottery games we also distribute the profit from our games directly into the WA community. So get a group together to play as a syndicate or play now.