Vehicles grants can help organisations provide safe and convenient transport for clients and assist in service delivery; from cars and buses to tractors, boats and caravans.
What we can support?
- The cost of purchasing a vehicle to help provide a community service such as a community bus for a regional local government authority to take people to recreation activities; a boat so that people in wheelchairs can go fishing; a tractor to assist an Aboriginal community’s land maintenance program or a trailer to transport equipment to regional music events.
- The leasing of a vehicle for time-limited community projects.
- Vehicle modifications and accessories (such as child restraints or wheelchair hoists)
What we look for:
- How the vehicle will support your organisation and benefit the community
- Transport options you have considered (including opportunities to share with others)
- Suitability of the vehicle for its intended purpose, including safety and value for money
- Expertise and resources to manage and replace the vehicle
- Details of your organisation’s current vehicles and any trade-in plans
What we won't support:
- Expansion or replacement of large vehicle fleets unless tied to new service delivery
- Replacement costs for a vehicle previously purchased with a Lotterywest grant unless there are exceptional circumstances that have prevented your organisation from setting aside funds for its replacement
- Vehicles primarily for the personal use of staff and/or that form part of a salary packaging arrangement
- Operating and maintenance costs
Documents we need:
- A completed Lotterywest Grant Application Form
- Your latest Annual Report (if you don’t have one, your AGM minutes and the most recent audited financial statements)
- A copy of your Constitution or equivalent document (not required for Local Government Authorities)
- Two written quotes for the vehicle (including any modifications and accessories)
- A copy of your vehicle asset register and management plan
- A copy of your vehicle use policy and procedure
Please see Resources and Links for more information.