What we can support
We support the purchase of furniture and equipment such as office items, telephone and filing systems, resource materials, whitegoods, toys, musical instruments and workshop tools.
To give you a better idea of what this type of grant can support, here are some examples:
- Educational toys to support early learning activities for children
- Office and household furniture for services supporting people with disabilities
- Craft equipment for hobby groups such as needle craft and pottery
- Diagnostic equipment for community-based preventative health services
- Tools for community woodwork or metalwork groups
- Domestic appliances for women’s refuges and senior’s centres
- Machinery to repair and recycle toys for disadvantaged children in remote communities
- Emergency equipment for organisations helping neglected animals
- Musical equipment for community bands performing at charity events
- Outdoor equipment for programs to support the personal development of young people
- Meeting room furniture for a community centre
Feel free to think broadly about what your organisation needs, because chances are, we can help.
What we’re looking for
- How the equipment will benefit the people who will use it
- The suitability of the equipment for its purpose
- Your organisation’s ability to maintain and replace the equipment
What we need from you
- A completed Lotterywest grant application form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution
- Two written quotes for items over $3,000; a written estimate, advertised price, or one written quote for items under $3,000 (low value, miscellaneous items can be grouped together to $1,000)
If your group is unincorporated, there are other things we need from you. Find out more in our getting started section.
For a comprehensive list of tools and resources to guide you through the application process, visit the how to apply page.