What we can support
- Creation of skate parks
- Development of playgrounds
- Memorials marking our culture, heritage and community sentiment
- Design of community gardens to promote sustainable living
- Earthworks, play equipment and shade facilities
- Temporary infrastructure that may make public spaces more welcoming for people
We don’t support the ongoing operation and maintenance of community spaces, or projects involving local council civil infrastructure.
What we’re looking for
- Community and stakeholder support, including any foreseeable increases in community involvement resulting from the grant project
- Planning that demonstrates the facility will meet community need. If you need support with planning please check out our organisational development grants or call us.
- Ability of your organisation to manage and maintain the outdoor space
- Long term viability of the space and your organisation
- Contributions from relevant sources.
- Safe, secure and affordable spaces that are open to the whole community, and are accessible and usable for people with disabilities
- Planning and building approvals with compliance to relevant codes, standards, and legislation
- Consideration of heritage and environmental factors
What we need from you
For requests over $200,000
- Please call us and we will discuss your idea and what is needed to apply and provide you with an expression of interest form
For requests less than $200,000
- A completed Lotterywest grant application form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution or equivalent document (not required for Local Government Authorities)
- Two written quotes (or one quantity survey/Architect's estimation)
- A community usage policy (outlining how community use will be managed) if applicable
- Approval from the land and/or building owners
- A project management plan (including risk management)
- A minimum three-year management and operational plan including a budget (for requests more than $100,000)
If your group is unincorporated, there are other things we need from you. Find out more in our getting started section.
- Nature Play WA - nature activity ideas and planning tools
For a comprehensive list of tools and resources to help with your application, visit the how to apply page.