Community spaces outdoor
Community Spaces Outdoor grants can help create spaces for people to come together and join in activities that benefit their well-being such as skate parks, playgrounds, memorials, and community gardens.
Please note: Grant requests of this type that are over $200,000 require an initial Expression of Interest. Please contact us first to discuss your idea and what's needed to apply.
What we can support
- Creation of skate parks
- Development of playgrounds
- Memorials marking our culture, heritage and community sentiment
- Design of community gardens to promote sustainable living
- Earthworks, play equipment and shade facilities
- Temporary infrastructure that may make public spaces more welcoming for people
What we look for
- Community and stakeholder support including any foreseeable increases in community involvement resulting from the grant project
- Planning that demonstrates the facility will meet community need. For further details please refer to our grants for Organisational development
- Ability of your organisation to manage and maintain the outdoor space
- Long term viability of the space and your organisation
- Contributions from relevant sources. Our grants are intended to be complementary
- Safe, secure and affordable spaces that are open to the whole community and are accessible and usable for people with disability
- Planning and building approvals and compliance to relevant codes, standards and legislation
- Consideration of heritage and environmental factors
What we won't support
- Ongoing operation or maintenance of facilities and community spaces.
- Civil infrastructure that is the core responsibility of local councils.
Note: Please call a member of our Grants team if you think you have a case for us to provide support in any of the above areas.
Documents we need
- A completed Lotterywest Expression of Interest Form and supporting information. Please contact us and we will discuss your idea and what is needed to apply
For requests less than $200,000:
- A completed Lotterywest Grant Application Form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution or equivalent document (not required for Local Government Authorities) Two written quotes (or one quantity survey/Architect's estimation)
- A community usage policy (outlining how community use will be managed) if applicable
- Approval from the land and/or building owners
- A project management plan (including risk management)
- A minimum three-year management and operational plan including a budget (for requests more than $100,000)
If your group is unincorporated, a trust or a Not for Profit Company Limited by Guarantee or Shares, there are other things we need from you. Please refer to what we need.