What we can support
- Lotterywest provides grants for events big and small that encourage communities to come together in celebration
- Events may include local activities aimed at bringing communities together and awareness days to promote an important cause as well as significant anniversaries, commemorative or cultural events and large-scale festivals of State-wide significance
- We may support the following event costs - publicity and advertising, hire of venues or equipment, entertainment, administrative needs and relevant salaries and consumables where costs can’t be met by other sources and community benefit is evident
- For events in small country towns or remote locations, we may support the cost of travel and accommodation for entertainers
- Where we are approached for support towards similar events, consideration will be given in taking a combined approach
We don’t support competitions, exhibitions or events of a commercial or religious nature.
What we’re looking for
- Community support for the event
- Accessibility and affordability of the event
- Clarity about who is being targeted
- Potential for the event to help build a stronger community
- Suitable event facilities and resources
- Sound event planning, management (including risk, permits and licenses), and evaluation
- A sound budget and the inclusion of other income sources
We are also committed to achieving successful reconciliation outcomes. We encourage you to consider including an 'Acknowledgement of Country' and 'Welcome to Country' ceremony at your event.
What we need from you
- A completed Lotterywest grant application form
- Your latest Annual Report if you have one, or AGM minutes if you don’t and the most recent audited financial statements
- A copy of your Constitution
- Two written quotes for items over $3,000; a written estimate, advertised price, or one written quote for items under $3,000 (low value, miscellaneous items can be grouped together to $1,000)
- An overview of the event program
- A project budget (that details what Lotterywest support is requested for)
- An event management plan including your risk management strategy, and evaluation plan (relative to the size and nature of the event)
If your group is unincorporated, there are other things we need from you. Find out more in our getting started section.
- Special Events - A Managed Approach - Eventscorp
- Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor – for liquor licenses, raffle application forms and gaming activities
- Department of Mines and Petroleum – for fireworks permits
- Department of Commerce – for advice on collections for charitable purposes
- RSPCA – for codes of practice when holding an event that involves animals
For a comprehensive list of tools and resources to help with your application, visit the how to apply page.